Social Audit Network, India is a project of the MSDS Trust founded by Mr.PN Devarajan in 1999. It is the Indian chapter of Social Audit Network, UK and was launched in India in 2010.
SAN UK evolved the Social Accounting and Audit framework which helps understand the impact Organisations have on the People and the Planet. It also leads to planning effective and efficient management of social impact within the organization.
Why Social Audit?
- Sharpens the definition and focus of the organization
- Extends accountability to main stakeholder groups
- Provides a useful framework for all the activities of the organization
- Identifies the perceived impact of the organisation
- Involves stakeholders in the organisation
- Reports to all stakeholders – including funders and investors – thus winning business
- Provides a flexible and adaptable process
- Stimulates honest external and internal appraisal of the organization
- Encourages consistency in approach
- Provides important management information for strategic and business plans
- Provides a rich source of information to use in making applications, bidding for contracts, developing marketing materials, and so on…